Scripture power keeps us safe from sin!
Today was a motherhood I'm lovin' it kind of day. I let Nathaniel sleep in and served my kids hot homemade applesauce and pancakes-- (I'll admit much if my nurture, mama good vibes, involve food!) I always feel like a good Mama when my kids and husband are eating well. Then I rummaged through the house for little boots and gloves and coats because Evelyn woke up with a burning desire to hang her classroom made bird feeder. Then we trudged through the "forest", (the vacant lot) through brush and trees- the kids thought that was high adventure. When we returned home, we ate our second round of pancakes and I stood up to do dishes while the kids ate and I thought, "no dishes can wait." We had our scripture study around the table, which always starts with a rousing chorus of Scripture Power! Eli ran out of the kitchen to find his scriptures yelling, "Don't sing without me!!!" I love that we always sing this song- I know in my heart that the most important thing for our little family right now is that these little children learn to LOVE reading the scriptures! I want them to associate feeling good and happy with family scripture time. I treasure and hold sacred the feeling of warmth which enters my home as we teach our children of their Savior Jesus Christ.
5 comments:
Nice.
Soooo Cool! Jenni you are the best!
What a special little tradition! Glad you have those feel good moments too. They're what keep me sane as a mom!
Jeni - I have to thank you for this post, because after reading it, I decided that we needed to start a scripture reading tradition too. So, now every morning after breakfast, we sit down on our scripture quilt, sing Scripture Power and read a chapter out of our children's illustrated Book of Mormon. Olivia loves it!! Thanks for your inspiration!
I was looking at your blog with Zeke I asked him who was in the picture. He said "that's me" I thought it was cute. Your kids are sure growing up and are as cute as ever. We hope you are enjoying Michigan.
Post a Comment