For those who have been to my house in the last 2-3 years, you've probably seen and noticed our unfinished hodgepodge of a couch. It is my parents old couch, that needless to say after 8 kids- it was soiled, torn and thread-bare and in need of an upholstery job. So I did the cushions with gusto in a month flat, but I ran out of steam and confidence, and the couch sat in a corner unfinished for three years--yuck. I realized the last couple months that every time I laid my eyes on my it, that disdainful thing began to symbolized all the feelings of-- "maybe I'm not cut out for this" towards life in general-scary. So I showed that couch who was boss and I finished it! And I love it.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Hurray! I did it!
For those who have been to my house in the last 2-3 years, you've probably seen and noticed our unfinished hodgepodge of a couch. It is my parents old couch, that needless to say after 8 kids- it was soiled, torn and thread-bare and in need of an upholstery job. So I did the cushions with gusto in a month flat, but I ran out of steam and confidence, and the couch sat in a corner unfinished for three years--yuck. I realized the last couple months that every time I laid my eyes on my it, that disdainful thing began to symbolized all the feelings of-- "maybe I'm not cut out for this" towards life in general-scary. So I showed that couch who was boss and I finished it! And I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I am totally impressed. Can you also make a me a new car?
Lovely!! And the detailing on the arms has a nice new shape. I like.
See Jeni, this is why I need to live near by. I really want to learn how to reupholster stuff - and look at you, your sofa is so beautiful! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - you are one talented lady.
Notice how Kara also has another couch of ours in her picture? :)
As I looked at the 2nd picture showing a bit of the old fabric I thought, hey, I know that couch. It sure has lasted a long time. You did a great job.
Gosh Jeni, that's amazing! Wow, impressive.
You are mistress of the furniture. I bow to your wisdom and greatness! All hail Jeni!!!!!
(It looks good!)
Wow I thought there was No hope for that couch... It looks so nice now.
Good Job!
Wow, Jeni--you did an amazing job! Your piping looks great! I have two wing-back chairs in our living room that could certainly use your touch. :) Kevin keeps saying he is going to tackel that project some day... but there are always other projects on the go. Did you take a class, or just brilliantly figure it out on your own? Add another thing to your list of talents.
Hi, Jeni! I found your blog through Bonnie's blog. Its great to hear about your family and see your smiling face. Great job on the couch! I knew you could do it!
Jeni,
I meant to say how beautiful it turned out the day you posted this, but it took me a while for some reason. I admire that you showed that couch who was boss! I've done the outside of a couch, but you totally redid the whole thing, except the frame! Wow. You'll have to keep this one around for a while. It would make a great heirloom piece!
Can't wait to see you at Bryan's wedding! Yipee!
Jeni, these are incredible! How did you learn to do this? Can you share with all of us so we can learn too?
Post a Comment