Monday, June 8, 2009

Reception Preparations & Grandpa Searchings

I hadn't planned to go out for the Utah reception originally, but I'm glad I changed my mind. I arrived on Wed afternoon, (with no kids!) ready to get to work.
On the day of the wedding though with a full schedule of preparations, Grandpa, who has Alzheimer's disease, went on a walk and did not come back. Many prayers were said and we, along with the police, looked for him for almost six hours through winding neighborhoods. Mom later recalled to me that when she and my little sister Emily stopped to say a prayer, Emily had said, "and if we can't find Grandpa, help him find us." And he did. When my Dad took my brother to get a Physical at an insta-care on the far north side of Orem, ironically Grandpa was there! We were amazed by the way the Lord had heard and answered our prayers. How could we have proceeded to thow a party had Grandpa still been missing? Our hearts were full of gratitude and relief as we hurridly finished getting ready for the evening's event.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I hadn't heard about that! It was good to see you and great you were there! Sorry I didn't get to help out more.

Chris said...

Natalie (& then Grandma) told me about Grandpa's L O N G walk and how Grandma stayed calm and just knew he was safe. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's watchful eye and care in helping Grandpa end up where your Dad went. That is NOT a coincidence!!! What a huge blessing!
It is definitely something we all need to record in our journals.

Karen said...

I hadn't heard this at all (probably since Grandma isn't home yet), Grampa & Marty went for a hike one day & he wandered off for 2-3 hours. I think he needs a tracking device.

Karen said...

I do need to say that the first picture with people in the trees was kind of funny after reading the title Grandpa Searchings.

Jennifer said...

I didn't even notice that--funny