Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Where is my certificate?

There was an expected package sitting on the front door step today. When I leaned down to pick it up I caught a glimpse of a black furry guy with a long white stripe on his back down in a window well a few feet from me. I got out of there pretty quick! When I told Evelyn and Eli who was over there and to stay clear, Evelyn stated, "It is my birthday tomorrow and I don't want to stink!"
So we went about our daily duties and I thought maybe he would get out on his own. But when I peaked down in a few hours later he was still there.
Me being the non-knowledgeable animal lover that I am not, thought, "Oh, I'll put a couple branches in and he'll climb out. Nathaniel laughed at that when he came home.
So Nathaniel was the brave guy and hoisted the little guy out. Of course the skunk did not know a good thing was coming to him and sprayed Nathaniel. Just his hand, but still, Nathaniel wonders... "Where is my I'm a nice guy "I saved Wildlife" certificate??".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So...Is Nathaniel going to, "stink" on Evelyn's birthday??? Sorry to hear about that! You've got a brave Hubby!

Chris said...

Wow, that was brave. Not exactly the kind of birthday guest you were hoping for (the skunk-not Nathaniel)
Happy Birthday Evelyn.

Karen said...

We've had a skunk around, I haven't seen it but I sure can smell it. Even our car smells.
Happy Birthday Evelyn.