Monday, July 7, 2008

Evenlyn & I Plant Again!





Evelyn and I are up to it again! We planted our second crop of spinach and butter leaf lettuce. We also put in turnips, carrots, and three more yellow pear tomato starts that we got from our neighbors John and Kim (Thanks guys)!

Our Garden is 3X or 4X bigger and better than it has ever been! If all "grows" well, our harvest list will include:

Watermelon , Tomatilios , Spinach
, Pumpkins, Acorn Squash Butternut Squash, Radishes, Zucchini , Yellow Zucchini, Turnips , Carrots , 4 types of Tomatoes, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, Eggplant, Red Onions, Chives, Peaches, Pears, & Butter Leaf Lettuce

Sad to say, but our cucumbers, cantaloupe and Snap peas have already bit the dust!
Anything fun & new growing in your garden this year?

3 comments:

Chris said...

We have Tomatoes and Pumpkins growing in our garden, plus some weeds. :)

Leila said...

A grand Gaskin gardening tradition continued. As long as you aren't adding livestock to your backyard, you should have a healty garden. If you are considering livestock I know from personal experience that cow's like green beans. (disclaimer: this is in noway an admission of guilt. I did feed the cows. They always thought the grass and vegetables were greener on the other side of the fence!)

Micaela L. Hess said...

Your blog looks great, Jeni! Good job! I still don't have a blog. I'm a little slow on that, I guess.

And your yard is looking wonderful!