Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eli & Claudius:
an epic of true devotion

Eli is very fond of a particular lego man (playmobil) that his Father dubbed Claudius. The same love a sister's doll receives is poured out upon this 3inch playmoil man fully equipped with sword, spear, & shield not to mention the removable cape (the spear by far being the most loved accessory). I have to admit Eli's parents were also quite smitten by Claudius when we met him in the toy store.
Now for starters, Claudius is an excellent name, just say it, it rolls off the tongue so marvelously! But it doesn't get any better than a little two-year-old Eli walking around asking questions like, "Mommy whewe is C-w-adious?" or, "Ew fix Cwadious-s-s spear-w?"

Last Thursday Claudius ventured to the farmers market unbeknownst to mom. Just as we were leaving, Eli asked, "Ew fix Cwadious's's spear-w?" Like any mom, I panicked! This was the smallest most possibly loved toy that he could have lost. To my utter amazement we found it! Thank goodness for prayer.

Eli loves telling stories with Claudius. He also gets a kick out of poking his sister with Claudius. Most of all though, he just likes taking his spear out of his hand and asking someone else to put it back into his hand.
Having said thus. I try to keep Claudius out of site around nap time. But of course the other day Claudius managed to make it into bed with Eli. Usually Eli can talk to himself in bed for two whole hours (I kid you not) without a single toy keeping him company- before falling asleep! It wasn't long though before Eli was hollering, "Ew fix Cwadious-s-s spear-w?" After fixing Claudius's spear for the umpteenth time I told Eli Claudius was probably very tired and ought to have his own bed. Luckily Eli consented and agreed to have Claudius sleep in a shoe box at his bedside, with spear in hand, and of course a blanket.

check out playmobil- enjoy!
http://store.playmobilusa.com

5 comments:

Chris said...

Ahhh, I can just hear Eli's little unrelentless pleas for hewp. I'm so glad I got to see your kids this summer so that I know their personalities a bit. Eli just amazed me with his vocabulary!!!!!! Very cute!

Karen said...

that's too cute. I'm hoping to make it to Grama & Grampa's for our Thanksgiving, that would be fun for our kids to meet.

Unknown said...

Love it Jen.

Unknown said...

How cute!

Bonnie said...

Why is Eli so hillarious?